BHGH Breaks Cycles of Poverty With a Direct Community Impact.
No other organization does what BHGH does.
For today’s low-income children, it’s nearly impossible to lift themselves up and out of poverty.
BHGH breaks these cycles of poverty by nurturing students to be successful in school, graduate college and be outstanding community citizens. BHGH envisions that one day their parents and grandparents will be the last in their generation to live in fear of their dangerous neighborhoods, feed their children through SNAP, become teenaged mothers and fathers, and be denied access to the education and opportunities that would have allowed them to reach their greatest potential.
BHGH works: 100% of the children who have completed our program have graduated high school and entered college. 65% matriculating college students or have graduated college and graduate school.
Boys Hope Girls Hope acts in accordance with the following values:
- Education is critical to reaching one’s full potential.
- Spirituality and an active faith-life are essential elements of healthy personal development.
- Children have the capacity to transcend their circumstances if given a safe environment, opportunities, and loving support.
- Integrity, honesty, respect, a willingness to love, and service to others are important measures of personal success.
- Individuals are responsible for their destinies and actions, and all children deserve the guidance, support and opportunities to choose a path to reaching their full potential.
- Respect for the dignity, value, unique perspectives, and talents of every individual is the foundation of positive social and emotional development, as well as strong and vibrant communities.
We reach our goals with HOPE: Homes. Opportunities. Partnerships. Education.