Do you know a child who would benefit from our program?
Admission Criteria: The following characteristics describe appropriate candidates for the Boys Hope Girls Hope program:
- Should be between the ages of 10 and 14 at the time of admission. Older students will be considered based on academic record and a desire to participate.
- Must have the academic potential to succeed in a college-preparatory program.
- Comes from an unstable home environment, where it’s clear that they will benefit from a long-term, value-centered, nurturing residential setting.
- Does not exhibit serious learning, emotional or behavioral disabilities or disorders. Is not a user of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Has the ability to relate positively to others in a group setting. Can live and relate as a positive member of a family-like, communal setting while demonstrating respect for adults and peers.
- Understands and accepts the expectations of BHGH Baltimore and chooses to become a BHGH Baltimore participant. Has a willingness to commit to active participation in all aspects of the program.
- Has a family or guardian that is supportive of the child’s participation in the program. The legal guardian must commit to partner with the program in supporting the full development of the child.
Application Process: Contact Cynthia Burks-Harriel, our Program Director to discuss the possibility of admission. 443-503-3463, Ext. 504